This policy complies with, and facilitates the requirements as set out in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013, (POPI) as amended.
Any personal information provided to or gathered by us, Jarvis Web Development, is controlled by us.
Our address is as follows:
Unit 151 Ravenswood Mews
95 Tenth Avenue
073 188 8215
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information from you in the following ways:
- Data you provide to us directly from your input
The personal information we collect from you, depends on how you interact with us, and may include:
- Your name, contact details, physical address, email address
- Account login credentials which includes usernames, passwords, and similar security information.
- Communication preferences, such as preferred languages and preferred method of contact.
When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through this site, we collect information from you which includes
- your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, including credit card information, email address and phone numbers referred to as “order information”.
- Data from other sources
- Service providers that helps us determine a location in order to customize products to your location.
- Businesses with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing ventures.
- Data from Service Use
This service may automatically collect information about how you and your device interact with us, which includes:
- Device and connection information such as IP address, browser type and version, operating system, error reports and performance data
- Usage data such as search terms you used, your URL click stream data, date and time stamps.
Cookies are small text files that can be read by a web browser in the domain that put the cookie on your hard drive.
- Cookies and other technologies may be used to store your preferences and settings, analyze site operations and help with signing in.
PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT CHILDREN
We do no knowingly collect personal information of children (under 18 years of age) without the express consent from their parent and/or guardian.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information is used to communicate with you in the following ways:
- Activate and manage your access and/or subscription
- Respond to your requests, comments and enquires
- Provide you with promotional messages, notices and targeted advertisements
- Notify you about changes and updates to our services, subscriptions, terms and conditions and policies.
- Identify usage trends which is used for the development of data analysis
- Comply with the site’s legal obligations, enforce our agreements, and resolve disputes.
- To fulfill any orders placed through the site (processing of your order, payment information and shipping)
- Screen your orders for potential risk of fraud
SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information may be shared with third parties which includes:
- Entities/organizations for which we are acting as an agent, or licensee.
- It may also be shared with our service providers, suppliers, representatives and agents which includes email service providers, IT service providers, marketing service providers, payment processors and shipping agents.
Your personal information may be shared if it is required in any of the following circumstances:
- It is needed to comply with any applicable law, legal obligation, process or regulation
- It is necessary to investigate and/or prevent security or fraud issues
You can manage your own communication preferences in your browser settings.
You can choose not to provide certain information to the site, however take note that should you fail to provide all requested information, you may not have full access and uses of the site.
You can choose to ‘opt-out’ or unsubscribe at any time by contacting the information officer.
You can also request the information officer to access, change, update or remove your personal information at any time.
Revised on: 18 June 2021